Friday 8 August 2014

The L Word.

I'm going to say it, I know it doesn't really change anything, but I'm gay. Well, technically speaking I'm a lesbian but the word gay just sounds less like a skin disease or something you know? I understand it is pointless for me to come out on a blog that has only a few followers, but I think it's important to be open in all areas of my life. I have known I am gay for about 2 years now, and been out for over a year in real life, but now I feel like I should write a blog post about my wonderful girlfriend and just generally about how much I am loving life at the minute. This is probably not a very entertaining post, but it's more for me than any entertainment purposes.

It's not a very clear photo, but this is a photo of me and my girlfriend, Red, in Barcelona last month. I'm on the right and she's on the left. She really does make me very happy, and I don't know what I would do without her. What amazes me that we are so lucky to be living in the time period we are, things are moving forward leaps and bounds for the LGBT community and I could not be more proud to have her on my arm.

I don't hesitate to hold her hand as we walk down the street, or be slightly affectionate in public. This is because I am fully aware of the struggles that many LGBT couples go through in less accepting countries so I make the most of it here in the UK. We have had a few creepy remarks (from men) but it is usually followed by a witty comment from either of us, and we just sass away. Hopefully one day I won't have to feel in danger when around large groups of men when I am with her, but I guess that is the same struggle for any woman.

Now, let me tell you a little bit about this wonderful woman pictured here with me...

Her real name is not Red, but Jennifer and the nickname Red comes from a story I have heard too many times and do not wish to tell again ;)
She is 21
She studies at the same University as me
We met through my flat mate and best mate Megan (who is also gay)
We both enjoy travelling, being spontaneous and anything to do with water
She is much less feminine than me, and very sporty
She was my best friend before we got together
I knew she was gay before she did...

I'm not really sure what else to say about this, I guess I can leave more things for other posts, but it was important for me to just get it out beofer I carry on writing posts again.

Well that's another little update, I think that now I am being totally honest on my blog, then I can include more of my life in it, since Red and my sexuality are a huge part of my life now. If you're still reading, thank you for reading this lengthy and pointless little thought process! Hopefully more interesting stuff to come, both in my life with Red, and on my blog!


That's it really!

- Keeley

I saved this photo as 'Voldemort' in my computer. Three guesses why...



No comments:

Post a Comment