Wednesday 3 July 2013

Achievement: Weight Loss

In the past year I put on quite a lot of weight between drinking at Uni, having my own money to spend on food and going to the land of carbs, USA.

Weight loss selfie today...


I found myself getting really down and self conscious about my weight, which ironically was making me eat more crap and put on more weight. I was complaining to my Mum one day when she told me that my aunty was attending a local Weight Watchers class and suggested I went along.


I was so scared to have my weight on record, but I liked the class leader so I signed up for it. I have been going for 8 weeks now, and I've lost a stone. I'm so pleased to have been consistently chipping away at my weight and I'm finding it easier as the weeks go by. 

Some people want to lose too much weight too quickly so they end up giving up and putting the weight back on plus more! I hope to get to my goal weight by April 2014 because I'm attending a wedding then! I'm really proud of myself for losing weight and it's great because when I'm having a day I don't feel so good I remind myself I'm doing something about it.

This isn't a rave about Weight Watchers and I know there's loads of brilliant healthy ways to lose weight. I'm mainly writing about this to record my feelings on weight loss and how I feel in myself. If you're lucky enough to be slim, congratulations, but if you're like me and a little bit on the cuddlier side don't let it get you down and just do what you can to make you feel happy. This might not mean losing weight, but finding clothes that you feel amazing in, or changing your mindset on your body.

If you are overweight and are currently losing, let me know any recipes or exercises you've been doing that you think help because I'm really interested! We can do this!

That's it really!

One of the photos that made me want to lose weight. You're welcome. Just made you feel better I'm sure haha! 

4 comments:

  1. Awe this is so inspiring, I am working on getting healthier and losing weight as well. This post was a great reminder and motivation.

    You are a really beautiful girl!

    xoxo, Aman | coffee chic twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, I wish you all the best and congrats on the success so far ! I hope you get to your goal weight! Amazing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey keeley, i;m absolutely lovin your blog! and i followed too!
    might as well follow mine; it would mean a lot to me:)
    strokesofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done on the weight loos, such a great achievement :) I've also gained weight at uni and really want to get rid of it! I've really loved using my fitness pla app for weight loss in the past :)

    ReplyDelete