Saturday 13 July 2013

Busy Times and Cheap and Fun Summer Holidays Checklist!

I was sitting at home this morning and I realised I hadn't actually blogged in over a week! Time flies eh? Well it's not as if I am particularly having fun either as I have recently begun working in a very well known fast food place (which I won't name in case they find this and kill me for not liking my job).

Every summer (while I am still a student), I try and make a list of things I want to do before I go back to school/ uni. This year despite me working lots of hours, I kind of want to save some money before moving out in September, which means a cheap and cheerful summer is on the cards! Here are some ideas of cheap(ish) things I either have done already or plan to do over the next couple of months...

1. Pick your own fruit!

Now, I am really lucky at times when it comes to where I live. If you live in the city then this may be a little more difficult to do (I'm guessing), but there's something really cute about those pick your own strawberries places. You pay for what's in your basket, so if you eat on the way round then it's gonna be cheaper!



2. Restore something!

This summer I have an old 1970's bike I plan to restore in order to take with me to uni, but it got me thinking that a summer project is something fun to do other than go on the internet when it's raining. I spent £15 on my bike and it still works really well, so I think that it will be really fun to do! I will put pictures up of this as I go... One year I went to an antiques shop and restored an old cheap chair too which I recover every time I get a new colour scheme for my room! There's loads of things you can do for really cheap!

Restore your Grandad's clothes, you'll look incredible...

3. Cycle!

Alex and I from justmylittlelifeandme went cycling by the beach on Monday and it was such a nice day! We spent next to no money and had such a good day! Obviously,  if you've not got a bike it's gonna be a little bit more expensive... I would recommend taking bike locks with you though so you can actually do stuff, Alex and I forgot and had to walk our bikes everywhere!


The bike I was cycling on leaning on the prom while I ate my lemonade fizz ice lolly
4. Attend local festivals or fun days

Who said festivals had to be £200 a ticket? A lot of places will do music festivals and other types of festivals for a lot lot less than that, even free sometimes. This summer I am going to Ireland again to a festival called Forfey which is about £50 for the weekend. I know that there are a lot of folk festivals and things similar for really quite cheap and the atmosphere is always awesome! After all, you only need some decent tunes and a bit of sunshine (sometimes not even that) to have a magical time. Even crack open a couple of beers if you're over 18 and into that kind of thing...

This could be you, if you can use stilts...
5. Camping!

Can't afford to summer in St Tropez? Can't afford to buy St Tropez spray tan? Well lovelies, this is the ideal holiday for you... Get your St Moritz from Home Bargains and pack up your tent and disposable BBQ. Camping is a fun way to spend a few days with friends (weather permitting) and it doesn't break the bank too much. You can even make it sound glamorous and call it Glamping and coat everything with pink fur and glitter before you leave. If you do go, make sure to take insect spray, a pack of cards and dry shampoo. 

This is most definitely glamping... The type of camping I'm talking about is a lot less cool, but we will all think this is what we look like anyway.
That's it really!

If it's raining get a friend round and eat Breakfast at night with The Breakfast Club... Make sure you wear onesies!






1 comment: